Wednesday, July 29, 2026

An Ode to Summer


 Summer collapsed, exhausted,
looking for a bit of shade,
and muttering to himself:
"I quit, don't need to get paid!

I thought I had the best season,
the one with games and fun,
nobody thought to mention
I'd be getting sun and more sun.

Having a sunny disposition
is harder than I thought,
when I'm always getting burnt
and I'm always always hot!"
.
(©handmade by amalia)


Featured: The pool is made
from a cheese container.
The water is fine -
come in!



69 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

This is a perfect poem for this summer. It has been dreadfully hot and humid here.
Love the pool scene. I keep studying it to see how you created all the components. Brilliant!

Kim said...

Nothing's as cool as a pool!! Yours it totally darling! 💕

Live and Learn said...

The summer here certainly fits that poem! I love the way you did the water in the pool.

Ann said...

Perfect for this summer. Love the little chair. I can see myself with a cool drink and a good book!

Ann said...

It may be extra hot in summer but I still like it better than the cold of winter. What a cute little pool that is.

Chatty Crone said...

You do need a pool to survive the summer and yours looks great!
Sandie/Chatty

Ellie Foster said...

Although many people enjoy the summer, sometimes we just need cooler days and some rain! A dip in the pool is a good idea!
Best wishes
Ellie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I agree, Amalia! This summer has been overly hot and dry where we live too! I am looking forward to fall.

Jennifer Wise said...

This is so sweet, and I love the poem. Visiting from the Funtastic Friday link party.

Cat said...

Very sweet. I wish I had a pool right now!

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely poem and pool arrangement. I agree, we've had a little too much of a good thing this year; roll on autumn! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww I do like your pool, deck-chair and umbrellas :)
Your poem was lovely too.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

The pool is the cool place to be! Yours is a good one. Clever use of materials. Thank you for linking up.

Nicole Orriëns said...

I don't like Summer but I love this! That is so cute!

Rosie said...

Cool in the pool away from the heat of the day:)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you for leaving the comment on my blog, which in turn, led me to pay you a visit too. AND...minis! Utterly charming minis!! I've followed you because I really want to see more.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the summer, but the sun is not good on my skin.
I just burn! Cute poem and image.
Have a happy weekend.

Handmade in Israel said...

May I join you in the cheese container? It is awfully hot!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I don't think we've had the heat of the summer like you've had, but the cool waters do beckon us! Love love your incredible pool and chair design! You are so amazing! You need to write a book with all the incredible delights you've created over the years! Love and hugs to you!

Pam Richardson said...

Amalia, that is the cutest pool and chair! It has been so hot here, I would enjoy a dip in a pool!

Patricia said...

A fun Summery poem, so cute Amalia. The pool is adorable with its little ladder and the deck chair is brilliant. I do love your crafting so much. xx

Anna said...

Soooooooooo cuuuuuuuute !
Anna

Red Rose Alley said...

Summer is my least favorite season. What a cute pool made out of a cheese container. I hope you have a place to store all the fun miniatures you have. Happy August days, Amalia.

Diane said...

So hot here I could have happily jumped into a pool if we had one. It has not let up yet and is till very hot!! Keep cool , Diane

Conniecrafter said...

very cute poem to go with your scene, love the dicing board and the ladder made from straw, cute chair too! Neat idea for the umbrellas, I agree it can get pretty hot.

Veronica Lee said...

Summer sounds like he’s ready for a nap! Your poem captures the heat perfectly, and that tiny pool scene is just adorable.

baili said...

what a delightful creativity for the summer dear friend Amalia :)
your art creations has sooth and joy of the season tofullest undoubtedly :)
i enjoyed the poem so much even when heat feels overwhelmed in European countries ! it makes me feel sad for friends living in france particularly!
thanks for bringing up bright side ,love and prayers!

Tom said...

...I LOVE this, particularly the ladder made of straws!!!!

roughterrain crane said...

Lovely work. You can enjoy any days with your good idea even in the too hot summer.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love this pool scene you made and the poem is cute too. I hope you are having a nice summer. :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Amalia, so darn sweet. Your creativity is off the charts. Thank you for the well wishes for Paul.

Jo said...

How cute. We could all do with a pool to cool down in during the summer.

Margie said...

How cute! I guess even summer suffers from burnout!

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Genial Amalia!!
El verano es fantástico si tomas el sol y un aperitivo al lado de la piscina 😉
Tus creaciones son cada vez más sorprendentes!!
BESOS

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Genial Amalia!!
El verano es fantástico si tomas el sol y un aperitivo al lado de la piscina 😉
Tus creaciones son cada vez más sorprendentes!!
BESOS

Carla from The River said...

Thank you, I do not mind if I do. ;-)
I love all the creativity.
xo

DeniseinVA said...

Another very cute post, always enjoy. Thanks so much Amalia and wishing you a very happy August.

LIfe Images by Jill, Australia said...

so cute and I love the poem. Have a great week. I am visiting from Mosaic Monday.

EricaSta said...

Yesssss... it's hot, hot hot! You show an alternative way to handle this Situation.

Thank you, dear blogfriend Amalia, for this poem and your sweet little Pool. And your sharing at

MosaicMonday

Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

Tandy | Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com said...

Sounds like summer has been brutal in the Northern hemisphere. We have had hot days in the middle of winter. Totally weird weather for us :)

DEZMOND said...

The water will be even better if you put some onions and carrots in it too LOL Love me some pea soup!

Mami Made It said...

What a lovely scene :) For me it is too hot to be outside even in the shade. I am really looking forward to autumn.

Hena Tayeb said...

What a delightful scene.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

The little umbrella and the chairs are so cute.
The poem certainly sounds like me ready for cool temperature so I can be outside again.

-Soma

Eli R. said...

Qué lindo blog has realizado, me encanta 😍

Betty J. Crow said...

Well written summer poem!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I do love summer. Your summer scene is so cute and so creative.. Are they peas in the water? Love you poem too.

My thrift store addiction said...

Amalia, I love your summer poem and your handmade scene is darling!

Our Hopeful Home said...

SO funny that we all wait for summer to come and then get tired of it when it gets soooo hot! Looking forward to some cooler temps. (I'm a fall girl.) Your poem and vignette are both precious! xo Kathleen

Shiju Sugunan said...

Such a delightful post! The rhyme made me smile, and your miniature pool scene is absolutely adorable.

Susan said...

How adorable! I love the play on words too!

magiceye said...

Love this 😍

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely post!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love looking at miniatures, always have, and yours are wonderful! Love this adorable poolside scene!

Bless said...

You've captured the spirit of summer right there!

Granny Marigold said...

I like your poem and the cute summer scene💦💦💦

Lin said...

So cute! Summer seems never ending.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Love your creative ventures in craft and verse, Amalia. It's always a delight to visit you here on your blog. Stay cool if possible. Happy days.

Louca por porcelana said...

I love summer and here, although we are in winter, we have had beautiful sunny days. Love your cute poem and scenary. Sorry for my English. Xoxo

Gumbo Lily said...

You tickle me, Amalia.
HOT HOT HOT here too and no rain in sight.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Love it! It is so hot here too! Thank you for dropping by my blog! Have wonderful day!

Sum of their Stories said...

I'm melting here, so this really made me chuckle!

Vintage Style Gal said...

So true! I feel the same way about summer.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

A darling pool and chair, so cute for summer. It has been hot, Fall will be here before we know it. I am happy to feature your sweet Ode to summer at Love Your Creativity.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I know how Summer feels. We are about to have our 5th heatwave of the summer, in the UK. I'm yearning for normal temperatures, and even a little rain. Thanks for linking at #TuesdayTwirl

Crafty Green Poet said...

Too hot for me! I love your poolside scene, especially the deckchair...

Jeanie said...

How did I miss this adorable post? It's just too cute, Amalia -- and the poem, too!

Char 🦋 ChronicallyHopeful.com said...

The little pool scene is so cute! Love those happy umbrellas and the stretcher. And the pool stairs - so clever!

Sherry's Pickings said...

that 'pool' is so adorable - and clever!
sherry