Five reasons I'm giving Five Stars to:
The Jane Austen Project
by Kathleen A. Flynn
1. The plot - Rachel and a colleague are sent back
in time from an unspecified future to 1815 England
with a mission to track down Jane Austen.
Why? Of course I'm not telling.
2. The protagonist - Rachel is in her mid 30s,
a medical doctor with a passion for all things Jane.
She is equally tough and fragile, smart, capable,
and very endearing.
3. This is a light read but the book does make you think
about the long way women have come since
the regency. Personally, I've always been concerned
with questions of hygiene when contemplating
time travel and the book does touch on that as well,
indoor/outdoor plumbing included.
4. The book reminded me a little of another time travel
favorite - To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
5. If you've never dreamed of going back in time
to meet Jane Austen... really, why not?
Featured: a couple of lavender sachets.