Five reasons I'm giving Five Stars to:
Maybe This Time
by Jennifer Crusie
1. The plot - Andie Miller's ex-husband needs a favor.
He finds himself the guardian of two children living
in a creepy old house and there are rumors of strange
things. Andie, he is convinced, can sort it out.
2. The protagonist - Andie is my kind of woman.
I liked her from page one and she didn't put a
foot wrong. She is resourceful and intrepid,
loyal and loving. And she bakes.
3. The things that go bump in the night - I quite like ghosts.
Wouldn't necessarily want them in my home, but
in a grand crumbling mansion - they are almost a must.
4. The message - this book, as the title delicately implies,
is about second chances and these are a precious commodity.
5. Sometimes you really want a light, funny, happily-ever-after
book that is well written and touches your heart.
Featured: tea towels blowing in the wind