Ten lovely things from my vacation to Scotland:
1. There were more shades of green in nature
than I could count, and all the drama you wish on vacation
was in the clear or cloudy skies.
2. Everybody we met was nice and chatty,
especially the sellers in the farmers' markets.
3. The animals were friendly as well.
A red rooster came to visit our rented farmhouse
every single morning.
4. Even the rain had a sense of humor.
Walk about with a coat and an umbrella
and you might get a drizzle.
But go to a castle on a cliff with only a light sweater
and it will pour buckets on you.
5. A lonely stone on a hilltop had the carving:
As still skies or storms unfold
take a moment to behold;
in sun, rain, sleet or snow
warm your soul before you go.
6. The cleanest public restrooms ever.
It had to be mentioned.
7. The dairy products (my favorite food group)
were delicious. When I saw the cows grazing quietly
in the open fields, I could understand why.
8. The tea-rooms with their amazing scones and cakes.
I felt I was in a Miss Marple mystery
(only without the bodies).
9. The little stream that run just outside the farmhouse,
the perfect setting for my morning coffee.
10. Most of all I liked the cool clean air.
I've been back for a single day in our hot and humid
summer and already I miss it so.