10 reasons why I've been waiting and waiting for winter:
1. It is fresh and exciting. Goodbye dust!
2. Mushrooms - in soups, quiches, everywhere.
I have wonderful memories of going mushroom picking as a child.
3. Cyclamens - for me they will always be the shiest of flowers,
thanks to a nursery rhyme that has them growing quietly under a rock.
These days they are more likely to grow quietly in a nursery,
but we are not here to nitpick.
4. I won't have to wash my car for ages!
5. Sweaters, scarves, hats! Yarn is still my first crafty love.
6. Walking in the rain with an umbrella.
I am way too old to visit every puddle, but still...
7. Winter reading. So much cozier with a crochet blanket
and a nice cup of tea, maybe even a baked treat.
Because winter draws you back into the kitchen.
8. Proper movies in the cinema. Away with you summer blockbusters,
I've had my fill of super-heroes for now.
9. Turning back the clocks!
Oh no, I don't actually like it getting dark so early. Wrong list.
10. Rain-rain-rain! It simply fuels me with energy.
If you had our long hot summer, you would understand.