10 things I've learned during my week in France:
1. Every day is a good day when it begins
with a cafe creme and a croissant.
2. You can be tres chic in flat heels.
3. It must be the sunny weather -
everyone we met was welcoming and full of smiles.
4. On the other hand -
never ever come between a shopkeeper and his lunch break.
5. That elegant man in the tuxedo walking down the street
could be a celebrity or a waiter.
6. A lot of people seem to be fond of very small dogs
and might carry them in their purse.
7. Sometimes a promised 'jardin exotique'
is just a nice cactus garden.
8. French women drink a lot of water and
go for 'less is more' when it comes to makeup.
9. A big basket with vegetables from the market, a baguette
and a bouquet of flowers - that is a thing of beauty.
10. If you live in a flat - even a small balcony is a blessing.
If you live in the South of France - wear sunscreen!