Sunday, September 13, 2026

Bump in the Night


I woke in the night
filled with dread,
something was hiding
under my bed!

I was very brave
and took a look -
oh, how silly,
I dropped my book.

I turned off the light,
went back to sleep,
and that's when it got me -
the monster sheep.
.
(©handmade by amalia)

♡

Featured: A little friend
in a sardine can bed.

63 comments:

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Fantasรญa y diversiรณn ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Amalia siempre hay miedos nocturnos, donde sombras y ruidos nos engaรฑan.
Me encanta tu lata de sardinas ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
BESOS

Jo said...

Oh that's so cute, I just love that little tin bed.

Ann said...

I remember the years of things going bump in the night. Nothing ever got me though...lol

Barwitzki said...

That is so sweet – absolutely beautiful.
Sending you warm regards, Viola.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am positive I had creatures living in my closet when I was a kid. My sister and I shared a room and she made sure I would always remember they were there.
Love your verse and the display..

Jeanie said...

Honestly, every time I open a new post of yours and see the photo, I go "Awwww!"

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww what a super cute post ... I did enjoy it.

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

I love. love, love that cute little bunny!

Granny Marigold said...

I like the poem and also the adorable little bed with the sweet bunny.

Ida said...

So creative. The bunny is adorable in his little sardine can bed.

Lin said...

Love the bed and the little quilt. x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Best use for a sardine can I've ever seen!

Maria Rodrigues said...

Creative and beautiful work.
What a funny and adorable little bunny.

Anna said...

Lovely cute story and scenery !
Anna

Conniecrafter said...

She looks so comfortable in her bed, such a cute room she has too, so fun!

Mary Kirkland said...

That is so cute.

Sherry's Pickings said...

so adorable Amalia!

baili said...

awe๐Ÿฅฐ dear Amalia it was hard to move eyes from your such a cute and lovely art work ๐Ÿ‘❤️ o dear i absolutely LOVED it !
reminded me immediately how as little girls used to make home for our tiny dolls and would decorate it wholeheartedly ๐Ÿ˜
you are such an amazing artist ,it's been wonderful and pleasure to visit your place since years ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅฐ

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I can see that I shall have to start looking under the bed! Who knows what I might find?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Amalia
Cute poem! Your embroidery friend is sweet. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

That is cute post!

Carol On The Lake said...

I love your little friend in his sardine can bed and the cute poem!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, your sweet wee friend in her sardine can bed! Reminds me a bit of a stuffed toy bunny I had as a little girl. I love the bedroom you made for her too. And that poem made me laugh!

Diana said...

This is so beautifully made—so inspiring! I also love those tiny little books on the bookshelf! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Tom said...

...the sardine can bed is a perfect scale.

DeniseinVA said...

I always leave smiling, thank you Amalia xo

Carla from The River said...

I was thinking that bed was made from tin fish. :-) Perfect idea.
Happy September my friend.
Carla

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How adorable. I love your creation and the embroidery! :)

Pam Richardson said...

Amalia, this is so adorable! All of your details are amazing!

The French Hutch said...

I still feel this way sometimes! This is spot on and you make it so sweet, love this and that little bed! I think I would love to sleep under such a pretty quilt! Happy September Amalia.......

Becki said...

I love the tiny scrappy blanket, and patchwork pillow, Amalia. Your sweet creations and poems always make me smile.

EricaSta said...

Thank you, dear blogfriend, for sharing your sweet Post at the Linkparty
MosaicMonday

Have a wonderful week ahead. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

EricaSta said...

Thank you, dear blogfriend, for sharing your sweet Post at the Linkparty
MosaicMonday

Have a wonderful week ahead. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Awww...this is precious and adorable.

VeggieMummy said...

Hilarious poem, and I love the little bunny peeking out from under her quilt! xx

Shiju Sugunan said...

The monster sheep is definitely the most dangerous kind! Such a sweet and clever little creation.

Ellie Foster said...

You are so creative, Amalia, especially with your upcycling! You have made a lovely scene with a very sweet rabbit.
Best wishes
Ellie

Live and Learn said...

Your creations are always fun. I like how the same eyes convey two different emotions when the face is exposed differently.

magiceye said...

Ah the monster strikes again!

Lorrie said...

Those sheep monsters are the worst! Your little rabbit looks very cosy in her sardine tin bed.
Have you ever thought of compiling your crafts and stories into a book, Amalia? They are so charming.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

This is exactly why I got rid of my "under the bed" by getting the platform bed!

-Soma

Red Rose Alley said...

I can just imagine playing with all these delightful things you make as a kid, Amalia. Each and every one of your creations is made with imagination and so much detail and care.

nicole orriens said...

Awww, that is soo cute! It made me smile. I think you are very creative and make wonderful things Amalia!

Rosie said...

Sweet little rabbit to be scared by that sheep monster under it's cosy bed:)

Cat said...

Oh no! Not the monster sheep! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spare Parts and Pics said...

So wonderfully creative!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your poem is adorable and I love the little sardine can bed for the bunny. It's all so creative and fun. Thanks for sharing it.

Veronica Lee said...

Such a fun little verse, Amalia -- the “monster sheep” made me laugh!
And that tiny sardine‑can bed is just the sweetest touch.
You always manage to turn whimsy into art.

Patricia said...

Dear Amalia, the little bunny is so adorable, and I greatly admire your needlework. The little quilt is the cutest thing, not to mention the little pillow. I will tell your poem to my grandchildren, as they will love it. xox

Amy Johnson said...

So cute!

Michelle said...

Awwww....this is very sweet! I enjoyed the poem. Thank you for linking up and have a great week ahead.

Louca por porcelana said...

Just adorable! Hugs!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Hi Amalia, thank you so much for stopping by our blog and leaving such gorgeous comment, it really made our day! We adored the poem and photo is just amazing, the bunny is so cute! Happy Sunday! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ป

R's Rue said...

So cute.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Hahaha...Mr. Marbles, is that you? Your post is much cuter!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Amalia :)
I liked your poem and the bunny and sardine can bed with embroidered cover and the pillow is adorable. Your needlework and imagination make me smile.
All the best
Sonjia.

Rostrose said...


OH! A monster sheep, dear Amalia! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
I had crocodiles under my bed when I was a child!
Your craft project with the little friend
in a sardine-can bed is delightful once again!
All the best from Austria ๐Ÿค—
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html

Crafty Green Poet said...

What a sweet little bunny!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How sweet and creative!

Margie said...

What a cute story!

Stephanie said...

This is adorable. ♡

Hena Tayeb said...

That is adorable.. love the poem as well.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So very sweet Amalia. Love your creativity and imagination.