Monday, August 10, 2026

Summer Camping


Millie had an idea
and it was really good -
Why not go camping
tomorrow, in the wood?

She called her best friends
to ask them whether
they’d all like to go
summer camping together.

It was going really well
till Susan had to brag,
that she had the nicest
and chicest sleeping bag.

Primrose was offended,
her mother made her bag,
with a mother’s talent,
not a fancy shop’s tag.

It had lovely stitching,
made with so much love,
a soft and comfy bag
that fit her like a glove,

The girls all took her side
and agreed that no brand
could ever be as nice
as something made by hand.
.
(©handmade by amalia)


Featured: Dolls' sleeping bags
are one of my favorite carfts
for leftover bits of yarn.
 


61 comments:

Ann said...

All those adorable sleeping bags. I agree with Primrose too. Nothing compares to handmade

Ellie Foster said...

I agree with Primrose and Ann. Handmade is the best! What a lovely selection of cosy sleeping bags for the friends to enjoy!
Best wishes
Ellie

Live and Learn said...

Your post always make me smile. They are just so darn cute.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely Post

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The homemade sleeping bags are so cute and made with love.
Cute poem! Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awwww - so cute! And I agree, handmade is definitely best.

Jeanie said...

your little campers are adorable!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Makes me wish I was a child again!

Mami Made It said...

Love love love your little campers with all their beautiful sleeping bags. I applaud for handmade.

Rosie said...

Lots of lovely sleeping bags for those summer campers, and lovely words too:)

baili said...

dear Amalia wow your art is just soooo beautiful and astonishing :)
you really are very gifted with deep sense of creativity !
your poem absolutely is lovely ! and agree that handmade things are priceless and special ,but brands they are for show off mostly
blessings!

The Happy Whisk said...

very true on the no brand can ever be as good as handmade.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm a fan of summertime camping and I love these sleeping bags. But I don't think even Primrose's talented mother could make one to fit me !!! ;>). My great-granddaughter (5) would love one for one of her many "babies" !!

VeggieMummy said...

What an adorable collection of sleeping bags. The poem is lovely too, and I agree - handmade is always best! xx

Louca por porcelana said...

Just adorable!

Sherry's Pickings said...

such cuties!
sherry

Handmade in Israel said...

They all look adorable in their sleeping bags, but it's a bit too warm for them over here!

Jane Savage said...

So cute. Don't forget to add a link to our challenge in your post.
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

EricaSta said...

The sleeping bags for the dolls are amazing.

Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This makes me long for camping....and for homemade. I've found a lot of comfort isn hand made items this past year. It feels like love! Sweet sweet post, Diane

Carla from The River said...

I like the pom pom sleeping bags. I will have to add pom poms to my sleeping bag.
Another sweet post and craft my dear blog friend.
xo

Rostrose said...

Oh, I'm also convinced that homemade is so much better than the fanciest brand-name stuff 👍🏻🥰. And your doll sleeping bags are such a super adorable and pretty idea, dear Amalia!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude

handmade by amalia said...

When camping, pom poms are a must.

Margie said...

What a sweet slumber party under the stars!

Anna said...

Summer camp with lovely sleeping bags !
Anna

White and Vintage said...

Oh wie süß das aussieht. Ich liebe solche handgemachten Dinge auch sehr.
Liebe Grüße
Christine

Mari said...

They are all so cute - both the sleeping bags and the inhabitants of them. I agree - handmade with love is the best.

Tom said...

...they all are comfy in their sleeping bags!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love all of the handmade dolls and sleeping bags you made and such a cute poem. Take care and enjoy the summer.

Kim said...

Indeed! Handmade is the best. Ps- love all the bags, but the ones with the pom poms stole my heart!!

Elena said...

Amalia! Acampamento adorável, cada menina no seu saco de dormir, absolutamente lindo👏

Pam Richardson said...

The sleeping bags are adorable and so colorful! Thank you for sharing Amalia, and handmade is always the best!

Tandy | Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com said...

oh, I agree, hand made is always best!

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Amalia qué bonito trabajo, también pienso que no hay nada como lo hecho a mano con el cariño de una madre.
BESOS

Joanne said...

Aw, so cute!

Jo said...

I agree with Primrose too, but what a lot of friends Millie has, and all of them with such lovely sleeping bags.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Amalia, what a delightful poem and sweet creations to keep the bunnies warm. Thank you for your comment on my blog which was appreciated. I have read through many of your previous blogs and your tiny creations and poems were so enjoyable and thank you for sharing.

Laura @ Our Grand Lives said...

Absolutely adorable! My granddaughters would love, love , love these!

Val Ewing said...

These are so cute and fun. Since I can't do much with yarn, I admire your work!

magiceye said...

All so lovely!

Daniela said...

I'm wondering if you're more talented as a "craft artist" or as a children's poet... In any case, to come and visit you here always makes me fly on the wings of time and, for a while, I go back to being a little girl!
I heartily thank you for this magic, Dearie, and for the lovely comment you left on ~ My little old world ~ you truly touched me in the deep!
XO Daniela

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I always enjoy your posts. I love your little dolls in the sleeping bags and your poem is adorable. Sometimes after I read one of your poems, I think I'll write one but it's not as easy as you make it look.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

These are really adorable!!!

Michelle said...

These are treasures! How cute! Thank you for linking up.

Margaret D said...

How sweet, it's lovely.

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a charming poem and a lovely idea for scrap yarn! Handmade items always carry so much special meaning.

MELODY JACOB said...

Oh, that poem completely made me smile, because honestly, nothing beats a sleeping bag made with a mother's actual love over some fancy shop tag! Those little crochet sleeping bags you make out of leftover yarn bits are just the cutest thing ever, and seeing all those sweet little animal faces tucked into them in the photo completely melts my heart.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Your toys in their sleeping bags all look so adorable, especially the rabbits with the patterned ears.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the poem and I think the sleeping bags are so cute!!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I love them

Veronica Lee said...

Too cute!
What a delightful summer camping story!
Handmade sleeping bags stitched with love are priceless.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So cute!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Hello Amalia. What a wonderful blog you have here. Beautiful handmade items and poems that make me smile every time.

Klara said...

sweet. agree - no brand could ever be as nice as something made by hand.

Vintage Style Gal said...

Primrose is quite right, there is nothing like handmade. Love the sleeping bags and poems.

nicole orriens said...

The photo and poem made me smile. It's so lovely!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Oh no! I am sure they had a grand time after that.

The bags and the dolls are so sweet!!

-Soma

Maria Rodrigues said...

Lovely and sweet sleeping bags.
Handmade pieces have a very special charm.
Many greetings

Becki said...

I completely agree with the girl's happy conclusion. And I LOVE the photo of your little handmade characters in their handmade sleeping bags, Amalia. I'd put it in a frame and place where I'd see it often because it makes me so happy. And wouldn't it make an adorable puzzle!?!

Ilonka said...

Such a great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Amy Johnson said...

So adorable!