Five reasons I'm giving five stars to:
The Amory Ames mysteries by Ashley Weaver.
1. The Plot: These light-hearted mysteries unfold
in England in the 1930s. Amory Ames is a young
society lady, who naturally finds herself embroiled
in one murder mystery after another.
2. The Setting: There is a nice feel for the escapist
period of the early 1930s, before the winds of war
are destined to appear. The books do a fine job of
conveying the glitz and glamor of high society.
3. The Protagonist: Amory Ames has been married
for five years to a charming playboy and the marriage
is not going well. This provides both a little depth
to the series and a reason for her to immerse herself
in any murder that happens along.
4. The Writing: The books are well written and the
mysteries are well plotted. Each book offers some
repeat characters and some new, plenty of plot twists,
a different location, fun dialogs and a little humor.
5. In short: If you are in the market for a traditional,
murder mystery with a relatable heroine and a
bit of elegance, this could be the series for you.
Featured: Crochet coasters. My father made the
wooden stand for me.