Monday, May 27, 2013

Vanity of vanities! All is vanity

I've finally made my first proper vanity case


I've been wanting to make one for some time and have been putting it off - not sure I could handle that tricky invention, the common zipper. So I decided to do my homework, read a couple of tutorials, watched a how-to on you-tube, and in the end it wasn't difficult at all. It did, however, take forever to do, as I made it all by hand. I already have other ideas for zippery projects, but next time I'm using a sewing machine.


 The vanity case has already gone to a new home
Here you can see it wrapped and ready and smelling nice

1 comment:

Esther said...

It´s beautiful!
I love the embroidery.
You´re right; it´s too much work without a sewing machine.
But you have sewn the zip perfectly!
Congratulations.
A kiss.