Monday, November 26, 2012

Corners of My Home

The changing seasons find me obsessed with home improvement.
Two new things have been added and more to come!


 I was tired of this mirror and couldn't find a new one that would fit the space between the sconces, so the only thing to be done was to cheer up the old one. I made a crochet cover in soft speckled-pink and wrapped a piece of lace around the chain. I am still debating whether to leave it as it is or go crazy with fabric flowers, we'll see. 


The second addition is a couple of spice racks that I painted light blue and turned into bookshelves. They do brighten up the corner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mirror looks so nice and I like the color. You did a really nice work on the mirror. Although as you said some crochet flowers maybe make it the best.
and The bookshelves look so so beautiful I like the color, the books, everything!
That Le petit Prince melts my heart....

handmade by amalia said...

Thank you! I will admit that arranging and re-arranging the books was the best part:)