Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Heart Linen

I have a big pile of tablecloths of all sizes, 
some that I made, some that were made by others, some that were gifts. 
All are lovely in their way and all sit in the cupboard 


It is not possible to use them and I cannot bring myself to cut and reuse them, so the only time that they see the light of day is when, once a year, I take them out to wash and iron. Yesterday was that happy day and now that the pile has gone back to the cupboard, I thought I would show the oldest one (I think). 


This was made by my great-grandmother Rachel and it certainly shows signs of time and use. I have a couple of other pieces by her and she seems to have favored scenes of childhood and her craftsmanship was very good.




2 comments:

Esther said...

I love them!
They are treasures. You´re very lucky.
A kiss for you.

handmade by amalia said...

Thank you! I do like old things very much
Abrazo